The 4S Goat Expo will offer a seminar, show and sale Oct. 7-8 at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds, 5015 W. Rodeo Road in North Platte. The seminar will start promptly at 10 a.m. on Oct. 7.
The speakers and topics include:
• Disease prevention in Goat Herds – Brian Vander Ley, Nebraska Extension Veterinarian, Great Plains Veterinary Education Center
• Managing Parasite Pedigrees to Maximize Deworming Impacts - Brian Vander Ley, Nebraska Extension Veterinarian, Great Plains Veterinary Education
• Marketing Goats in Nebraska (important dates) – Bronc & Melissa Nicholson, M & N Boer Goats, Chadron, Nebraska
• Famacha for Goats – Randy Saner, Nebraska Extension Educator
• Benefits of Purchasing Quality Genetics – Lee Dana, Double D Boer Goats, Clay Center, Nebraska
• Youth Goat Judging Contest (Awards will be given to top youth in Junior and Senior Divisions)
• Goat Producer Panel – Goat producers both new and experienced
• Fitting Your Goat for Show and Sale – Lee Dana, Double D Boer Goats, Clay Center, Nebraska
Goats will check in from 3-9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 6 and before 8 a.m. Saturday, with the seminar starting at 10 a.m.
The show will start at 8 a.m. Sunday with a sale-goat-only show, followed by a show-goat-only show. The sale will start at 1 p.m. The program will be held at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds at 5015 W. Rodeo Road, North Platte.
For more information, contact Randy Saner at 308-532-2683, by the webpage at http://www.4sgoatexpo.com/ or http://go.unl.edu/0bot or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/4S-Goat-Expo-673122839426170/?fref=ts